Tuesday 31 May 2011

Vintage Style Handmade Cards

I have a lot of birthdays coming up in June, so I decided to be proactive and make some vintage style cards.  It's so much easier to have a selection of cards on hand than to try and buy or make a card at the last minute.  I think a hand made card really shows the person how much you care.  I am always touched when I receive beautifully made cards.


I bought a pack of plain cream cards from the craft store and these are the cards I made.



I stamped the damask scroll and placed a small crystal in the centre.


For this card, I cut a scrap of beige linen fabric and frayed the edges by pulling out threads.  I used spray adhesive to attach it to the card and then pinned this lovely vintage style butterfly brooch through the card.  I think this is a lovely gift all on its own.



For this card I thread a chocolate brown velvet ribbon through a square diamante buckle, then glued it to the card.



I picked some small twigs from our garden and thread one through the shank on the back of this diamante button.  I attached it to the card with a hot glue gun.



This is one of my favourites.  I traced a bird stencil onto some 'script' scrap booking paper and glued it to the card.  I then broke off a piece of twig so it looked like a tree branch and glued it under the bird.  I used a black felt pen to draw in some feet so the bird was perched on the branch.



This is more of a cute fluffy bird.  Again I cut out a bird shape from patterned paper, then attached a collection of feathers to the wing and a small self-adhesive crystal for the eye.



Lastly I made a Happy Birthday swing card.  I stamped the script dress and coloured in a strip across the waist to look like a belt and added a little crystal.  I also stamped the Happy Birthday and then threaded through a piece of organza ribbon.

I have a small selection of stamps that have different greetings on them such as Happy Birthday and Many Thanks, so I can quickly stamp inside each card when I write on it.

Happy Birthday to all my Gemini friends.

The Lettered Cottage
Todays Creative Blog

3 comments:

  1. so very pretty...thanks for sharing xo
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness - I adore the bird on a twig, also. Ingenius! beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute! Stopping by from the Lettered Cottage DIY party. I would love for you to come link up to my party too, going on all week!
    And be sure to enter my giveaway too!
    Thanks
    ~Iffy~

    www.stayathomenation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...