Wednesday 4 January 2012

The Brisbane International Tennis

I'm still in holiday mode, so no decorating posts just yet.  On Monday we went to the Brisbane International Tennis.  If you haven't made the trip out to Tennyson, you really must.  The facilities are excellent and they worked hard all year to repair the damage caused by the floods in January 2011.  This is Pat Rafter Arena.  There really isn't a bad seat - you can see clearly from anywhere.


And this is who we saw play


The Brisbane International is now a premier WTA tour event and with prize money set to increase to $1 million in 2013, it's sure to attract some of the best names in women's tennis.
Ivanovic was my son's favourite - hmmmm, I wonder why?


and we saw the powerful Sarena Williams.


Talk about up close and personal


and finally Queensland's own, Bernard Tomic


Monday was also Kids Day at the tennis.  We registered our son and he was able to join in all the activities.  He played on a mini grass court.


and had his service speed measured.


It was such a great day, and we're going back tonight to do it again.


Thought I'd share this with Sarah from A Beach Cottage .

3 comments:

  1. Oh I will definitely try and go next year. I constantly nag my husband about going to the Australian Open - very high on my wish list - and of course every year I find myself watching it on the television - but I could indulge my love of tennis locally now. I didn't realise it had become such a high profile event. It looks like you all had a fantastic day :) Thanks for sharing Fx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had fun!

    I remember often going to the Australian Open in Melbourne when I lived there - the company I worked for was a sponsor, so they always had good seats, and a nice tent :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a completely fantastic day out - and what superb photos!! I felt as though I was right there with you!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...