Thursday 4 October 2012

Vintage Style Medicine Bottles with Labels


This project came from my Pinterest things I want to make list here.  They are based on some Pottery Barn medicine bottles.




I started by collecting brown glass bottles in different shapes and sizes.  I washed them and removed the lids and labels.


I printed up an assortment of old style labels from The Graphics Fairy, sprayed them with clear matt varnish and just glued them onto the bottles with Mod Podge matt.


The Eau de Cologne label prints on a white background, so I printed an old brown paper background first, and then printed the label on top of it.


This little French label is one of my favourites.


The bottle in the wicker holder was a recent purchase for the outdoor kitchen area.


The pale pink roses are from my garden.  They are called Perfume Perfection.


These are the first bottles I made when I made the measuring tape table runner here.


So this is the start of me prettying up the outdoor kitchen.  The hanging rail and baskets are all from Ikea.


I've got a few more things I want to make from my Pinterest list, and a few more projects to complete for the outdoor kitchen.



I've linked this up with KatieSherrySarah and Carmel for the Fall Pinterest Challenge. Check out what these talented girls have made for the challenge... so much pinspiration!!

21 comments:

  1. I love the bottles Kylie! What a transformation with different labels. It's hard to believe they are everyday pill and medicine bottles. That hangy thing from IKEA is great too! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great job, love the vintage labels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kylie - I lvoe the Grpahics Fairy, what a great resource. you've done a beautiful job on these bottles. they look beautiful with your roses also
    Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. should have looked up as i was typing. LOL. so many typos..

      Delete
  4. Wow, you'd never guess they were regular old vitamin jars to start with! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so lovely Kylie - I'd been thinking about hunting down some smaller bud vases...but perhaps I should raid my pantry instead for brown bottles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing the difference some labels make!

      Delete
  6. Great Work and i really appreciate for this great job. I love your hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore them, Kylie. Just stunning. You clever minx. I can't wait to try them myself - thanks for the idea! J x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was admiring your pic of these on Instagram yesterday Kylie and was wondering where you got the bottles....I never would have guessed they were vitamin and cough syrup bottles :) They look awesome!
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so cute--nothing like the before bottles. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so going to be looking at bottles in a different light - they are fab and your roses aren't too shabby either especially for brizzie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda. My husband has the green thumb - his roses are magnificent.

      Delete
  11. Your bottles are gorgeous kylie. So very stylish of course! Adore your beautiful roses and I love that they have a scent. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this lil project Kylie! Such a clever idea and your bottles look divine on your hanging rail. Love styling with bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a simple but amazing idea, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look great and what a lovely touch to your outdoor area x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous project! Your bottles look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful job you did!!! I can't even count how many bottles I've thrown away that I could have used for a project like this! lol Hopped over from The Graphics Fairy and I'm happy to be your newest follower. Would love to have you stop by for a visit! Blessings ~ Judy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice, great idea of content sharing releted oven parts...it's helpful. at ovenpartsaustralia we are also supplying omega oven spare parts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...